Friday, December 07, 2007

Our Thanksgiving

Hi! We are still here – gearing up for the holiday season.

We went on a tour to Tuscany over Thanksgiving. We stayed in Florence (Firenze) and saw Siena, San Gimingano, and Pisa. We had the thanksgiving meal at a castle winery place. It was very good – and we were on a bus so we all got to drink lots of wine!

The only bad thing about the trip was this one horrible, horrible woman on the bus. Ok, it was a FAMILY tour. Children were allowed. She hated all of them, for making noise on the bus. At the end of the first day she said something about Sammi. I chased her off the bus and we had at it. Jack was trying to get me to calm down and I said, loudly, “Why? She’s being a BITCH!!!” Her husband agreed. They also took up 4 seats every day. 4 seats, on a bus with 41 people. The families all had kids on their laps, but this woman would never deem to sit with her husband. She didn’t like him, either. She was always bitching at him about everything. Poor guy….poor us! Everyone just ignored her, but it made the bus ride unpleasant because everyone was trying to keep the kids quiet to escape her wrath. Next time she should go on the stodgy geezer tour that doesn’t allow children!

The other thing is, why don’t we call cities what their names really are? Do you know how long I as here before I figured out Firenze is Florence? Let’s just call them Firenze, Roma, Napoli, etc.

On a side note, you know how Jack and I picked out our kids names on our second date? No? Well, we did. BUT, we picked out one girl name and one boy name. I keep thinking, “hmmm, we could very easily have another girl if I have a successful pregnancy next time. We better start thinking of a girl name we like.” So, since Sammi was sleeping about a foot away from us in the hotel room and we couldn’t watch TV we discussed names. I have a bunch picked out, but he doesn’t like any of them. What is wrong with Cimarron, Emma, Tatiana, or Eagle? Nothing, right, they are nice names! But no, Jack disagrees. Plus, then we have that whole Wyatt Earp thing going. Can we give a girl the middle name of Vigilia? No, we think not. So, we figured Doc Holiday was there, we could use Holiday as a middle name. The name we came up with is Siena Holiday. Nice, huh? (You don’t have to say, because then what would little Siena say if she ever read it?)

So, now it is settled. If we have a boy he will still be Nikolai Wyatt; if we have a girl she will be Siena Holiday. She could have been Eagle Virgilia. We just hope we get to have another one – soon!

No comments: