Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring, My Writing Hand is Snoring......zzzzzz

Well, here it is the middle of January so I better post something. I’m just not motivated. It is the rainy season, so needless to say it rains, then the power goes off sporadically – just enough to kick you off the computer. I am tired, oh so tired. And, then this trash strike continues to wreak havoc. I think it is because it is winter and “they” have nothing better to do than cause problems. I won’t go into it, but just google “Italy, trash,” or “Naples, trash” and I am sure the news stories will pop up. One example of how it affects me is last Monday I had an appt. at the Support Site. Normally a 45-minute drive, it took me 2 hours and 40 minutes to get home because of their shenanigans. I don’t care how good the food is, or how beautiful the scenery (if you can block out the heaps and heaps of trash) – dudes, I am tired of this place. Adding in the crappy exchange rate makes it even better! It would be so much more organized if Germans lived here.

We are going to London for a week at the end of January. That should be fun! We have never been there and Jack has to go for a conference so we are making a family trip of it. Of course, the exchange rate there is even worse – but it will be so nice to be somewhere where they speak English, even if it is with a strange accent and everyone’s name is Nigel, Simon, or Oliver.

I am going to a cooking class on Friday. We are going to learn how to clean fresh octopus and squids and make seafood pasta. Mmmmm! I’ll let you know how that turns out.

No comments: