Wow! I have Halloween pictures to post, and I have a cool Eskimo sucker I have to tell you about, but today I just want to say, “woooo! Obama won!” Yesterday I was talking to my friend Dana. She thought it was sad that his grandma couldn’t hold on one more day to see her grandson win. She was that confident he would win. I hoped, but wasn’t holding my breath. She started talking about Palin and said she didn’t like her because she “hunts and kills animals.” So I had to say, “well, I’m Republican but I voted for Obama. And, I hunt and kill animals.” She was like ohh, how can you do that? I said I used a bow, that way the animal had a chance. With some of those rifles you can shoot an animal a mile away. And I could do it because they are DELICIOUS!!
I don’t agree with Palin’s scary ultra-right wing beliefs but I would like to go hunting with her. She seems cool, especially if she drinks beer. She might not, though, I never heard one way or the other.
As I mentioned before, yes, I’m Republican (a fiscal Republican really) and this was the first time I voted for a Democrat presidential candidate. However, it was not the first time I voted for an African-American. Twice before I wrote in Colin Powell. Once when Dole was running and one when W was running.
Anyway, I was so excited I could hardly even sleep last night. I thought about staying up but realized the last polls closed at 0500 here –so I might as well just wait until morning. I got G up and dressed then ran down to turn on the computer. Yahoo opened up and there was Obama! I never have the TV on during the day, but today I do – watching CNN and the election results. I hope the excitement lasts the next 4 (or 8) years. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment