I sort of gave up blogging awhile back because I haven’t
been doing much gallivanting. There are enough mommy bloggers out there, you
don’t need to read about me schlepping my kids to swim lessons and soccer and
the store. Sure, I’m still an expat, but the travelling hasn’t been too
exciting, so I will now share my exploits on the grill with you!
We have an old, junky grill because we are planning on
moving soon and want to wait until then to get a new grill. Mine doesn’t have a
side burner, but if it did I would even boil pasta outside. We do have AC in
our igloo house, but it is not very robust and it is defeated every time
I cook inside. The thing about grilling is, it doesn’t have to be a big
production. You don’t have to prepare 500 lbs of meat and grill it. Just cook!
Anything you can cook in the house you can do on the grill.
As an example here is what we had the other night.
Sammi requested “delicious Spiderpig night” so I cooked up some delicious
spiderpig for us. What? You don’t know what delicious spiderpig is? Well, if
you have kids you probably know that if you make food sound interesting they
are more apt to eat it. “Hey kids, want some shake & back pork chops?”
NOOOO!!!! “Hey kids, want some delicious spiderpig?” YESSSSS!!
I just threw some shake & bake pork chops on my Pampered
Chef large bar pan, saw I had some extra room and added some zucchini from
the garden, drizzled with olive oil with a little garlic & red hot shakeys.
I also had some green peppers we needed to eat, so I cut them into quarters,
brushed some olive oil with red hot shakeys in it over them, and grilled them
just straight on the grill. Grilled peppers are delicious!
Here it is:
| Delicious spiderpig, zucchini & grilled peppers. |
| My Awesome Garden! |
The kids ate the spiderpig and zucchini (because they
grew it – forget about store bought ones.) and Jack & I enjoyed it all with
the peppers on the side.
(I use my PC stoneware on the grill all the time. Do
this at your own risk. It doesn’t say you can do this on their website – but so
far I have had no problems.)
No comments:
Post a Comment