I have to admit it – not only do I not particularly like dogs (I know, no one is supposed to say that out loud) I don’t like poetry, either. If I was going to get a dog, it would be a wiener dog. Wiener dogs are funny.
Anyway, since I am avoiding posting anything relevant for the next little while I thought I would entertain you with a poem I wrote as a child to annoy my Mom.
FISH HOOK
Fish hook, fish hook
Shining in the sky,
Fish hook, fish hook
Through the fishes eye.
Fish blood – drying on my hand
Fishes – dying in the sand.
Pretty deep, isn’t it?
Another poem that I am co-author of is an ode to Haines Lake, also affectionately known as Haines Dirt. There is only a line or two, because the only reason anyone went to Haines Dirt was to drink – so beer was involved. This is the creation Amy and I came up with:
Hark! On yonder lake bestow,
I’m up upon my tippy-toe,
Henceforth from this moment on,
I shall always love this golden pond.
No comments:
Post a Comment