Sunday, October 01, 2006

Out A' Gallivanting....

Well, Jack is on the PC so I have to use the MAC so this post will be UGLY. Apparently blogger doesn't support the safari mac web browser that well. Just so ya know - when these posts are ugly it's cuz I'm on the MAC.

Conan has escaped again today. This is the 3rd time he has run away in his life. This is the 3rd time that I am NOT the one who let him get out the door. (I have "situational awareness", my friends.) It is kind of sad, because Conan doesn't speak Italian and he is not a feral cat with claws. I really don't think he stands much of a chance, especially since we are leaving for 2 weeks in the morning.

Every time we go out calling for him the neighbor cat shows up. "Hey, I'll be your huckleberry! I mean, your Conan!" He even came in our house when we left the door open to try to lure Conan home. Geeshhh. I called our landlady and she will go tell the neighbors in the morning to keep an eye out for him and let her know if they find him. She is/was going to watch him while we were gone, so I called to tell her I thought he was gone so she wouldn't freak out if she couldn't find him when she comes over to water him in 2 days.

Anyway - we are going to Germany tomorrow and will be there for a couple weeks. So, I won't be updating the blog until around the 15th or so. We have a rental car and it is the last time we will be renting from Maggigore! Jack asked for a certain car that runs on gas. "No Problem", they say. (I keep telling him this means no problem for the guy saying it, not for us.) Because of this Jack went and bought GAS coupons for Germany. Well, we have a DIESEL and since it is Italy it is impossible to just trade our gas coupons in for diesel coupons. In Italy we can probably just use the gas ones for diesel, since the gas is more expensive anyway. But it could be a problem in Germany because in Germany there are RULES!!!! And you can't just go breaking the rules willy-nilly.

I am sure it will be an interesting trip. Germany has to be the exact opposite of Southern Italy.

We also paid for our Christmas trip. We are going to do a 10 day tour of Egypt - Cairo, a Nile cruise, and Alexandria. Yaaayyyy - gallivanting!! So I won't have to change the name of my blog to "What my daughter ate today."

No comments: