Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!

Hope you all had a good one. Today Lil’ G had her bouncing babies class –and all the other kids were in costumes –even the ones with Stay At Home Dads! I knew I should have put on her bar wench dress we got in Germany!! Well, she was wearing all blue, I could have said she was a cloud or something.

We had our HHH run on Saturday for our Halloween run. I carried this pumpkin noisemaker and that was about as halloweeny as I got. It turned out to be something crazy like a 10K run – what is up with that? At least there was a beer stop halfway thru. : ) Today I ordered t-shirts for us. Yay!! Bella Napoli HHH lives!

Back to the run, though. I guess this walking is paying off, even though in my head I don’t count walking as exercise. I figured I would be really sore the next day – but I just have my usual old-age gimpyness, nothing new. On the plus side, when I run it is like I have automatically lost 20 lbs since Sammi isn’t on me! That makes a big difference right there.

Yesterday, I locked myself out of our courtyard. I heard the veggie guy pull up, so I put Sammi in her sling, grabbed some $$, and decided NOT to bring the key since he was right outside. Why lock the door? Then, after buying some produce I turn around to go back inside and – taaadaaaaa!! The courtyard gate is shut. Great. I don’t even have my cell phone with me –and do I know anyone’s numbers by heart? No.

I tried buzzing the neighbors, but I guess they weren’t home. Then, the little old man who lives in the next house walked by. I asked if he knew if my neighbors were home. He was all like, “why?” I explained I didn’t have my key – so this nice little old man went into his courtyard, climbed up his shed thing in the back and hopped over into our courtyard so he could let us in. He’s pretty spry for an old guy – and he saved me from being locked out all day!

No comments: