Today is a holiday in Italy. It makes sense, as Halloween is really all hallows eve. How awesome would that have been as a kid? To never have it be a school day after Halloween? You could stay out all night trick-or-treating!!
Jack had language class last night and didn’t get home until 9, so I tried to go out trick-or-drinking. No one within walking distance was home, though, so my plan was foiled! I did get to see all the little Italian kids in their costumes out trick-or-treating. I didn’t know they really did that or I would have had some candy on hand.
So, I guess all the locals are going to church or something today. We are all going to play golf. Since everything local is closed we have to hang out at the American recreation park. That means I am going to have a cheeseburger and fries for lunch. Mmmmm. You have to get the fries.
Last time I was there with a group of moms we all tried to get a salad instead of fries. (Local nationals work there and it went something like this:)
“Can I get a salad instead of fries?”
“No, it comes with fries.”
“And I can’t just substitute a salad?”
“No, it comes with fries.”
“Well, ok. I’ll take a salad that I will pay for. But please don’t put any fries on my plate. No fries, ok?”
“No, it comes with fries.”
That means we all ate fries – cuz once they are in front of you, who can resist the call of the fry? No one, no American anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment