In my wallet I have a receipt for “baby parking.” Oh, what a wonderful receipt to have. For the past couple of months I have been telling Jack that I needed a break, and I just needed someone to watch Sammi for a couple of hours. He kept saying, “well, someday, when she’s older and we find a babysitter….” Finally, I remembered that he is a guy and didn’t know that I meant HIM. So, a couple weeks ago I went into my “I need someone to watch Sammi for a few hours” spiel and then said, “And YOU could be someone!” He was like, “ yea, yea – I could be.” He planned a whole day for them that Sunday. He took her to a rugby game and had her out for 5 hours.
It was great. Of course, I worried the whole time and knew she would come home with a broke arm or something. But I was free – for the first time in nearly 8 months. I could go to the bathroom alone, I could run, or clean, or nap, or anything. I basically spent the whole time laying on the couch reading – but it was awesome. I know I am lucky to be home with her. Some mothers would give anything to have been able to stay home that long with their kids. And I am thankful, but it was time for a few hours.
After that, I found out that the ladies golf club is starting to play each Monday morning and that inspired me to look into the daycares out here so I could put Sammi there for a few hours on Mondays. The place right down the road from me – a 5 minute walk – will watch her every Monday from 9 til 2 or 3 for only $25 euros. Last Monday was the first time.
I played golf and worried the whole time, but it was so awesome. I got back to pick her up and she hadn’t even cried. She loved it, too. She really like being around other kids. So, tomorrow I am going to shoe alley with some friends. For the first time ever I am looking forward to Mondays!
No comments:
Post a Comment