I dressed her up in the dress I wore when I was one and sang Happy Birthday to her. She clapped when I sang it, so I think she has heard it before – maybe at daycare. I’ve been teaching her to blow so she can blow her candle out on Saturday, too. We played and took some pictures then I took her out to playgroup. I brought the camera along for that, too. She was freaked out from the shoes though and kind of just stood there.
After that we went shopping, but I forgot the list so I forgot to get powdered sugar for the frosting. So now instead of making her cake tonight I am writing. When we got home we went out for a long walk and then played some more. I think she had a good day – and she got to eat fake veggie bacon for supper. Fake veggie bacon, frozen peas and white beans. What a delicious birthday supper! (Well, for her it is!) And, as a present to me for being there with her all day and not doing anything annoying like wash dishes or clean or go to the bathroom by myself, she went to sleep at 10 til 7. Now, if she just stays asleep for most of the night…..
Still what a year it has been. She has gone from a little thing that just ate 22 hours a day and stayed where you put her to being able to WALK (yep, first real steps taken yesterday – there’s no goin’ back now) talk (even though I am the only one who knows what she is saying most of the time) and laugh. Oh how she laughs. She is really funny.
Anyway, here is a picture of then and now:
You can see why even though I was thinking about it I am going to let someone with training give her her first bangs.
No comments:
Post a Comment