It’s not even 0930 yet. It has been raining all morning, but a little while ago it stopped enough that Sammi and I could go out. We needed some bread and a café – and some outside time before I put her down for her nap.
We made it down and bought the bread, then we walked back up to the café bar. Everything was going fine and I hadn’t even needed the umbrella that I brought along just in case. Yep, I had an umbrella in my hand.
We walked out of the café bar and right at that exact moment all the water from the rain all morning came off the awning – right when we were under it! The timing couldn’t have been better. I was taking a step down and all of a sudden - whoosh!! – it was like 5 big buckets of cold water had been poured right on our heads!
A lady walking across the street saw it and ran over to dry Sammi off. She took a t-shirt out of her purse to dry her hair. (Who carries a t-shirt in their purse?) And the café guy came out with a bunch of napkins.
I just laughed. It was kind of funny. Now, I have to get out of these wet clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment