Hello! I bet you have been wondering where the heck I have been. Well, we got back to Italy on the 1st of August. It just took a while to settle back in, get used to the chaos, and deal with some other issues. I’ll tell you about our trip home later, but first, some news.
See that previous post? Well, now the answer is sadly not anymore. While we were in Kansas I started having the same problem I had the first time. The Dr. in Dodge even told me the same thing. “Oh, you are fine, the baby is fine. Just take it easy.” This time I did NOT believe the doctors, though. I knew then, but just hoped I would make it back to be with Jack.
About a week after we got back I did miscarry the baby. The doctor here, who is the best doctor I’ve ever had, said there was nothing we could do, it was just one of those things. He wanted to make sure I didn’t think it was my fault. It wasn’t anything I did or didn’t do. Really, this guy is great. Sammi’s doc is great, too. I can’t complain about the Navy doctors.
I still feel weird, though. Tired, with a little sadness underneath. Sammi makes it a lot better, though. She is the best little kid ever!
We will try again soon. And I’ll probably tell you again, too. Jack and I are on opposite sides of that. He always wants to wait until 5 months to tell anyone (like you wouldn’t know by looking at me at that point) and I say, why wait? If it doesn’t work why should we grieve alone? Why wouldn’t we want our friends to say “sorry”? And if you aren’t friends and family, you’re the internet and don’t know me anyway.
I think people should talk about miscarriage anyway. The first time it happened I thought I was the ONLY one it ever happened to. But, then you start to find out that EVERYONE or someone they know has had one. Sometimes your body just doesn’t know what to do.
Anyway, we are back – enjoying the August noise and crowds and constant fireworks and horn honking and heat. Is it September yet??????
No comments:
Post a Comment