I don’t know what possessed me. I’ve been looking at the Grape Nuts Trail Mix cereal for the last few months, and I finally figured I’d give it a try. It surely could not be as awful as I remembered Grape Nuts being when I was a kid. (I think the last time I tried it I was 8 or so. I didn’t like cheese or mayonnaise then either. Now I would probably eat a cheese and mayo sandwich.)Ha, ha – joke’s on me! It is just as horrible as ever.
I made a bowl of oatmeal this morning and then sprinkled a handful of the stuff on top and stirred it in. When I took a bite it was the same old taste from before. To me, it tastes like what being in the grain bin smells like – dusty wheat chaff with mouse droppings. Yes, exactly like that. Only now it was in my oatmeal!!
Instead of making a new bowl I thought I could choke it down. I mean, there wasn’t that much in there, surely the oatmeal would mask the taste. No, it did not. I was finally down to the last 3 bites and I just started thinking, “This is the most vile concoction I have ever eaten.” I had to spit it out before I threw up.
So, if you want this box let me know!!
No comments:
Post a Comment