I am finally getting around to posting this, but it turns out Sammi was right – It’s A Boy!!!I figured it was a boy, too, since everything I liked about being pregnant before and was looking forward to did NOT happen. A little boy. We are lucky, since we picked out names on our second date. We only picked out one girl and one boy name, though. Now, Sammi’s new dolly is named after our alternate girl name. The new baby will be Nikolai Wyatt. : )
Oh, remember how I told you that OB told me they got amnio results back in a week? Well, that was another big, fat LIE!! They called me on Wed with the results – and that equals 3 weeks and 2 days. God has kissed our eyes, because everything is fine! We can relax now.
I really think the research scientists need to get off their butts and find a way to get those results back FASTER. With G, I was part of a study and they took an extra tube of “juice” to try and find a way to get results in 3 days. That is what we need. Seriously, by the time you find out if anything is “wrong” then your options are kind of limited. I don’t know about other people, but right at about 4 ½ months is when I start to LOVE the baby. Early on, it is easy to say that you will “do something”, but by 4 ½ or 5 months or later – well, for me that sort of starts to limit those options. Maybe it’s a conspiracy. I never thought it would be, but several people I mentioned this to have suggested “they” are making women get the results so late so that they can’t do anything – or if they do, the decision is that much more heart-wrenching to make.
We are just so happy that everything is going so well! August will be here before you know it, and we will be welcoming little Nikolai into the world at our home birth – surrounded by love. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment