Friday, August 10, 2012

Pizza & Turkish Baked Shrimp

Tonight, I made the kids pizza on the grill. I’ve been doing this all summer, too. And by “make” I mean heat up a frozen pizza for them. I wanted yummy Turkish baked shrimp tonight, and for some reason they don’t like shrimp. I don’t know where they get that. I could live on shrimp! Plus, I needed to use some of our tomatoes. I have 5 plants, and 5 gobbldy-billion tomatoes! I also made some zucchini on the side. I have 1 zucchini plant, and that is making just enough for our family. Zucchini is a good source of the ever-elusive fiber. You need more fiber in your diet!




Turkish Baked Shrimp

1 lb shrimp (no-shells)

2 TBS olive oil

1 onion, diced

1 green pepper

1 jalapeno

4+ cloves garlic

1 tsp caraway seeds

 1 tsp coriander seeds

 Fresh basil, ripped up

4 large, juicy tomatoes (in winter, I used canned)

Parmesan cheese

Salt/pepper

I throw it all into my PC covered baker (except cheese, that goes on last.)

Cook in oven (or BBQ) about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. You can make this in individual ramekins, too, if you want. Put some parmesan cheese on top and eat with a crusty bread!

No comments: