Monday, July 03, 2006

The Last Week

Friday was the last day we had a car, so we did all of our running around getting ready. We sold the pickup and we gave the station wagon we were borrowing back last week. So, this last week we have had a rental car. It is a PT Cruiser. The good thing about all this is it lets us know what we don’t want. I wouldn’t buy a PT Cruiser anyway because it is a Chrysler – but after driving it we discovered it is made for midgets. My Mom always wanted one, and she is short so she might like it. We also discovered we don’t want a Saturn (that was the station wagon we borrowed.) What a P.O.C-ola! Once we get over there we have a Fiat that we bought from the guy coming back to Canada.

We had to take Conan to the vet to get his health certificate. He is still doing fine so he ought to make the flight ok. We got our Italian Visas back and that was really the last thing we were waiting on. Little Sammi has more passports than anyone I know. She has her US passport, her Canadian passport, and now her official green Canadian passport. She will be a well-travelled little kid when we get back.

Yesterday was Canada Day so we had some people over to celebrate. They were all surprised that we are “kicking it old school” with cloth diapers. And it really freaks people out when we use the spray bottle of olive oil on her. So far that is turning out to be a really great and cheap diaper cream!

Our hotel is in the perfect location. We could hang out here then go walk around and enjoy the festivities. The weather was actually really nice all day until right when they were doing the fireworks, then it started to rain. Sammi was asleep so I didn’t go out to watch them anyway. Too bad they won’t have any on Tuesday for the 4th. At least next year I’ll get to have the 4th of July because of all the Americans over in Naples.

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to a pool party/BBQ so that means I have to go try to find a swimsuit today. We went swimming in the hotel pool last week and I learned that one shouldn’t wear their pre-pregnancy swimsuit after they have the baby. It fits, but you will remember that I now have these gigantor boobs and I’m not comfortable with a D-cup in a B-cup suit! It’s just not the look I am going for now – even though the boys like it.

OK, I found a suit. Wow, your options are really cut down when you enter the D-cup suit section. There were like 3 suits to choose from. At least one of them was good enough to go ahead and buy, and as a bonus all swimwear was 40% off!

When we were walking over to the mall a group of people walked by and one young guy said, “OMG! That is the cutest baby I’ve seen in my entire life!” She was pretty cute, all happy in her sling, wearing her little sunglasses. She’s the good trick baby that tricks you into having another one who turns out to be the demon child with colic.


No comments: