Oh, I forgot to tell you. When we were at the vet we also had Sammi with us. Some lady came in and was looking at her and I said, “Yea, we had to bring her in for her rabies shot.” (haha) The lady looked at me, looked back at Sammi, a look of horror crossed her face and then she said, “You are joking, aren’t you?” Geesh, no, I’m really taking my baby to the VET to get her shots.
I can’t believe we leave in only 54 hours. We mailed a big box of stuff yesterday because we are already going to be the crazy luggage people in the airport. 2 big bags, a big trunk, a port-a-crib, a cat cage, a car seat and baby, two carry on suitcases, a laptop, and a stuffed diaper bag. We are worried we won’t be able to rent a car big enough for all the junk once we get there.
Now, we are just saying goodbye to everyone. It is weird that we are really leaving. I had lunch the other day with my friend Allisen. We met through the LLL and all my favorite baby things she told me about. Her little girl is about a year and half old so they know the current stuff, unlike our other friends who all had kids between 9 and 20 years ago. She told me about the my brest friend nursing pillow and that thing is awesome. She also told me about the bumbo chair which is also pretty cool. On the one hand it is too bad we are leaving because we are just new friends but I think we could have a lot of fun together.
On Sunday I think we are meeting one last time with some of our other friends. Everyone wants to go out to dinner. We met Dan and Lynn at the Mess last night and had a small altercation. There is a family area and a bar area in there and since we had Sammi we, of course, were going to sit in the family area. However, you have to get the parking pass in the bar area. I was in the washroom and Jack had Sammi. They had just walked in to get a parking pass with Dan and some old geezer guy comes up and says, “No underage kids allowed in the bar area. You have to leave with her.” Like she was going to drink up all his beer or something. Well, it just went on from there. The old guy just wouldn’t let it go. It was kind of insane. If he had let them get the parking pass it would have taken about a minute. I hope I’m not a cranky old rule-monger when I’m a geezer. I want to be a fun geezer, not a mean one.
No comments:
Post a Comment