Monday, February 26, 2007

$5

Last Tuesday I scored a great deal at the Thrift Store on base. It is open each Tuesday, the day Sammi and I go shopping, and I always stop in to see if there are any new clothes there for her. Well, that day everyone was walking around with a big brown grocery bag. Turns out it was $5 bag day. All you could stuff in one bag for 5 bucks! AND, best of all, someone had dropped off a bunch of clothes in Sammi’s size! Yay!! I put everything that was the right size (and one up) and cute into my bag, plus some paperbacks for Jack and me. I figure I got about $35 of “thrift store price” stuff for $5 – and it would have been at least $150 new for those clothes. I like spending $5 much better than spending $150. We’ll see if I have such luck tomorrow. I am now looking for an ironing board. (No, I don’t iron, but Jack does and he wants one.)

Other than that not much is happening. It is still raining, so that means we still basically have no phone. Nothing here is insulated so something breaks every time it sprinkles.

No comments: