Ok, jumping out of order on this catching up business. You know how Jack is out of town. Isn’t that always when something goes wrong?
I started this job last Wednesday, and on Thursday morning I woke up about 3 am just feeling really ill. By the time 0700 came I was crying just for the babysitter to get there and take Sammi. There was no way I was going into work or able to watch Sammi that day. I thought I had the flu, with an achy b**b. Friday I woke up and felt about the same, but now the b**b was red and hot. I finally figured it was mastitis. I called the hospital and tried to get an appointment, to no avail. They told me to come into the ER.
So, I spent the good part of Friday in the ER getting the diagnosis confirmed. They gave me all kinds of drugs and I have to take the antibiotics for 10 days. The antibiotics are making just about as ill as the mastitis did, only sans the pain. The doctor says the nausea is normal with that medication so I guess I just have to deal with it.
How weird is that, though? That one little body part can make a person feel so sick. I was sick as a dog. And not a healthy dog, a sick, mangy, sick dog that ate too much grass!
I was a little worried about the job, because who starts a job and then misses the next 2 days? They were fine with it, though, since they are all mothers and have had it, as well.
Now, in case you are wondering, “What job? What job?” I got a part time job at the Anglo-Italian Montessori school on JFC as the director’s assistant. It is supposed to be full time, but I told them I could only work Wed, Thurs, and Fri – and they decided to go with me part time than someone else full time. The school year ends the middle of June, so we will see how it goes and see about going back next year.
At the moment, Sammi and I are just looking forward to Jack’s return on Saturday night! Thank goodness for my awesome babysitter or I don’t know what I would have done last Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment