Saturday, June 07, 2008

We’re Back!

Well, we’ve been back for 9 days now, but it takes awhile to get organized and back in the groove. I finally downloaded my pics tonight and have mostly everything unpacked. (I have to figure out how to get 2 kids’ clothes in Sammi’s room now, so I am still sorting that out.)

Our trip back home was so fun, even if the weather was pretty bad most of the time. Nothing like a lot of WIND, thunderstorms and tornadoes to remind you that you are in Kansas.

It was weird being transported from utter chaos to such silence. It made me realize how much sleep I am NOT getting. We live on the busiest street up here, so there is traffic, honking, yippy dogs barking, chickens crowing and who knows what all night long. In Kansas, there was just silence. Broken by maybe the dog barking at some coyotes, or else there was thunder and rain. All much easier to sleep to than honking, crowing, fireworks, and sirens.

Of course, the downside of such relaxation is the return to CHAOS. It makes it even worse. The Tuesday after we got back I went to the bank to get the rent money (Monday was yet another holiday here.) I could not get the rent money because the bank had no money to give. No sense in planning ahead and getting some cash when you know everyone needs it that day! (Anger…..) It is always something here. I will not be sad when we leave here next summer.

The good news is that Jack gets back on Tuesday evening! Yay!! That is also our anniversary so it is a very good gift. Sammi will be so happy when she wakes up on Wednesday morning and Daddy is home!!

No comments: