Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lookie What We Got!

(Jack was on leave from returning from Afghanistan, hence the handlebar stash.)
Well, a couple weeks ago we finally found a car. Jack has been looking for a long time, but I had just started since I knew we wouldn’t get one until we had to. There was just no way we were going to get two car seats in the Fiat, especially since we aren’t 5’3” Italians. Our knees would have been up by our ears. Plus, this year Sammi is old enough to know how hot and miserable it was in the backseat. We couldn’t go anywhere without her crying – I would cry to if I had to sit back there in the heat! So, we knew we needed something a little bigger and a little better before mid-August.

Jack was starting to get worried, but I told him not to worry. God always sends us a car when we need one. It’s a weird thing – they just magically appear right at the right time. I was telling him this on a Thursday night and he agreed. The next day he went in to look and some guy had JUST THAT MOMENT dropped off this car at the lemon lot! He put down a $500 down payment and then we went and got it on Monday.

It is a 2000 VW Jetta and it is sooooo nice. It’s automatic and that will be good for city driving, it has AC (yay!), a 6-CD player, and power steering! Whoooo! Sammi likes it, too. She says, “Daddy likes the red car. I like the green one.” We still have the red car so Jack can drive in to work in August. That way if he needs to come home quick he can. Then, we will probably try to sell it before the end of the year to save the insurance. I’m just so happy the God car thing happened again!

In other news, I also finally got a 220v crockpot. I’ve been looking for one for, oh, I don’t know, over a year now. That same day we got the car the NEX had 3 of them in. It was my lucky day, because seriously, how long are 3 going to stay in stock? (We are convinced half the stuff never makes it on the shelves, but ends up in the Italian black-market.) I love the crockpot! I can throw stuff in it in the morning when I have energy and have a delicious meal cooked for in the evening when I am wiped out. I think it will also be handy after the baby gets here. I also have inspiration from
The CrockPot Lady’s blog. She has awesome recipes, and she is funny. Check her out. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ And finally, a picture of Sammi. One of her favorite things to do is “shave” with Daddy on Sunday mornings. Here she is wearing the ridiculous Christmas pageant costume she keeps finding and Daddy shaving the whipped cream off her face. She gets to eat her foam! What we need is one of those toy shaving kits; I just can’t find one over here.

No comments: