Thursday, March 09, 2006

It’s Sleeting!

Well, it has been sleeting all day long. The little bit of the driveway that had cleared off is now coated with a glaze of ice once again. Excellent – and only one day away from when the Magic 8 Ball said I would have this baby.

Speaking of having this baby I now have revised due dates because I had to open my big mouth at the appointment yesterday. My doctor has always said that my due date is March 12th, and that is correct based on my cycle – but not the stupid 28 day cycle that doctors use to predict due dates. So, she gets out the wheel and starts checking out the due date “just to be sure” and then sort of started freaking out because based on the idiotic 28 day cycle thing my due date was March 5th (or the 9th, depending upon which day I conceived.) My cycle is 35 days – so you can see that the date of the 12th is correct based on that information. So now I have to go in for another ultrasound on Monday to make sure the baby isn’t getting all dried up without enough amniotic fluid or whatever. I know she isn’t overdue yet. My doctor said we had to start thinking about induction next week if she hasn’t shown up yet – but based on the fact that I really do have 35 day cycles I think I can hold her off on that until the 20th or so. Besides, I have nothing to worry about, right? The Magic 8 Ball is never wrong!! (All I know is next time I am just going to lie and add a week to the date of my last menstrual period to avoid all this nonsense!)

No comments: