Hey, did all y’all notice that for 3 whole days I didn’t write about being pregnant or how my belly has its own gravitational field? Well, how long did you expect that to last? I mean, you are reading a pregnant lady’s blog – a pregnant lady who could calve at any minute. (ok, I’m going into labor now…..no….right now……wait, ok….now!! Well, that isn’t working so I guess I have to wait for her to make up her mind.)
Last night we had a friend over for supper. She is in town from PEI and her neighbor just had a baby girl who weighed 12 lbs 15 ounces. That, my friends, for all intents and purposes is a 13 POUND BABY! That is like having 2 babies in one! Eeekkk! At least I don’t think our baby will be that big.
I went and got waxed and a hair cut today. All the ladies at the salon were like, “Oh, look at the pregnant lady!” But people are kind of afraid of you when you are this pregnant – like they don’t want to be there if I spontaneously go into labor and have the kid in 3 minutes or something. I don’t think it happens that way, so they should just relax!
After that I went to the mall. I’ve been doing that the past couple days because it is cold up here, the sidewalks are still covered with ice from the ice storm a couple weeks ago, and I am tired of being in the house. So, I’ve been doing that old person thing of going to the mall and walking around in circles for about an hour each day (that hour includes the time I spend standing in line at Tim Horton’s getting an iced cappuccino.) At this point I’m not doing it to stay in shape, I am doing it to help convince this kid to make her escape. I don’t know if it is helping, but she has flopped from my right side over to my left side, which I hear is easiest escape route for them. The only bad thing is the mall by our house is kind of lame. It is like the Dodge City mall – and two of the main stores closed so there is even less to look at. I think I will drive to the mall with the Orange Julius place tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment