Today, I turned 40. I feel the same, except I keep saying, "Holy crap! I'm OLD!" I'll have to start carrying around pennies and nickels to give to kids and say, "Here's some walkin' around money for ya. Go buy some hard candy."Actually, it was a good day. I got to sleep for about 5 hours straight last night. It was awesome. That never happens. I can't sleep, or I have to pee, or I go to sleep and some dumbass drives by honking, or the cat decides to purr and head butt me. Ah, 5 whole hours!! Then, I had my golf lesson and went out for lunch. (I also had to pay the phone bill and do some other errands, but those don't count.) I then came home and ate some frosting. It was good, mmmm, frosting. Tomorrow, I am having a “mourning coffee” with some of my friends. I told them to wear black. (Some of them don’t think that is funny.)
The only bad thing was Sammi had birthday cake at school today (one of the boy's bd's was today, too) and I think she had too much sugar. She was crazy tired and a nightmare to get to bed. But, she finally went to sleep (after sitting on the floor, crying, saying, "I want my Daddy!" Yeah, I wish he was here to put you to bed, too!) I had a glass of wine with my delicious supper of a chicken sandwich and edame and ice cream. Nothing like leftovers! but at least I didn't have to cook.
Seriously, I feel the same - except for the KNOWING I'm old part. Like, the Jayhawks could win tonight and have their first championship game in 20 YEARS!! I was like, "No, it can't be 20 years, because I WAS THERE!! Well, yes, it was 20 years ago. (OK Kingwolf, don’t be all “well, you really weren’t there.” You know what I mean. Ah, the good ol’ days of Full Moon Parties and Dead concerts! *sigh* )
Well, I gotta go chase some gosh-durn kids off my lawn!

No comments:
Post a Comment