Well, this week I did some American things. On Tuesday I voted in the primary. I chose Tuesday because I had to have two witnesses sign my ballot, and since I had my “mourning coffee” then I had a houseful of adults.Since Fayetteville was the last place I lived in the States, North Carolina is my state of residency for voting purposes. I still think the most awesome Republican-Democrat smackdown this year would have been Clinton-Dole. Only Hillary and Elizabeth! Oh well, I suppose Bob would have felt bad if she got the nomination since he didn’t. He would have been all, “That’s not fair! Bob Dole wanted to be president!” and hid under the bed. Then she would have had to poke him with a broomstick to get him to come out. (I only mention this since she is a North Carolina Senator, and she made the NC Dept of Motor Vehicles give me back the $50 they stole from me!! She rocks!!)
Tonight, I did my taxes. A little early this year, eh? Now I can mail them on Friday, the 11th. That is so much earlier than my usual “request extension” gambit. It took me about 30 minutes to do them. Being a SAHM with only a minimal amount of interest income it isn’t too hard.
I also watched a video about an awesome military shotgun, the AA12. And I liked it and WANT one! How American is that? OMG – can you imagine what my beer-drinking buddies back home and I could do to a field of prairie dogs with this thing?

No comments:
Post a Comment