I, like many other nursing mothers, have a strategy for coping. Here it is:
Sleepy: Here’s some booby.
Crying: Do you want some boob juice?
Hungry: Have some more booby.
Being a pain in the ass: Here, suck on this and chill the heck out.
Usually, the boob is the answer to all problems. Except for last night. That’s right. Last night after being changed and fed the screaming began. For no apparent reason Sammi just screamed and cried and cried. I couldn’t get her to quiet down and eat or go to sleep for anything.
Finally, after a LONG time I gave in and become “one of those mothers.” That is right. At midnight I put her in the car seat and we drove around for 45 minutes. I even got gas so Jack wouldn’t have to in the morning. I saw other station wagons driving around and figured the drivers were other exhausted, at their wits-ends-mothers.
But you know what? It worked. We got home, I carefully lugged the car seat upstairs, gently pried her out of it – and then after a feeding she went to sleep for 3 hours! I just hope this isn’t a new trend of nighttime colic or something like that. Gas costs too much right now for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment