Well, today was the first time I had to cause pain to my child for her own good. I now know that the worst sound in the world is that of your baby crying after her first vaccination.
Yep, she had to get one today at 6 weeks because we are moving to a “higher risk area” this summer so she needs some extras. I took her out of the car seat and she was all happy and sleepy until – wham!! She screamed like, “Hey, that guy just STABBED me in the leg and YOU just stood there and LET him do it!” She was not a happy camper. Neither was I.
She is ok now, though. When we got home I let her nurse and take a nap on me for 3 hours. So I think her confidence in me is restored. Who wouldn’t love someone who let them munch at the buffet for 3 hours?
We actually had to pay for this one. Since she is getting some extras that aren’t scheduled vaccinations we have to pay. It was only $19, and I am sure that Jack’s supplemental insurance will cover it. It should, since she only has to get them because of his job anyway. We will see. There are a few more she needs that aren’t covered, either. Hopefully they don’t cost too much either.
In case any of you are wondering where and when we are moving – I will write more about that soon. I just have to tell some people in real life first before putting it officially on the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment