Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hello Winter

Well, it is winter here again. The past several days it has been raining and COLD! Cold enough that I have to run down and turn on the furnace after Jack leaves in the morning to warm the house up a bit. Crazy – running the heat at the END OF APRIL!! Plus, this rain – if I wanted it to rain every day I would live in the Pacific Northwest.

Mostly it is annoying because it is cutting in on my outside time. Since, as you know, I don’t like to exercise in the cold and rain – and neither does Sammi! Plus, Jack has had to drive in to work all week so that means we have been trapped at home – and that just leads to internet shopping. So far this week I have purchased a nursing jog-bra (yay! I found one.) and several nursing shirts. Shhhhhh – don’t tell.

On a happy note, Sammi slept from 7 until 1030 this morning – only waking every hour to eat for 10 minutes. (I put Jack’s sleep shirt in the crib with her. I think it helped.) And Jack had to come home to do a little work here so he stopped for coffee, donuts, and sandwiches first! So, I had two cups of coffee today. Let’s see what that does to her!

Oh well, the weather is supposed to get better for the weekend. And next week will be fun because we will have visitors. Grandma and Grandpa from Oregon will be here from the 2nd to the 9th. Just in time for the Tulip Festival. I am looking forward to taking pictures of Sammi in front of a bunch of tulips and out and about in town. I mean, I can only take so many of her lying around the house – and there is demand for new pictures from all the grandparents so I have to keep taking pictures.

No comments: