Five months – how can she be five months old already? The lil’ G is almost crawling. For a while now she has been scooting backwards, but now she is up on all fours. All she has to do is figure out to bend her knees instead of being in “downward facing dog” and she will be gone! I figure she will do it by the end of the week – then the fun starts!
She can’t quite sit up yet, she still bends way forward and sucks her big toe. As soon as she does, though, then we can start feeding her some grub. So far, all she gets is breastmilk, cat hair, and carpet fuzz. She also gets to suck on the crust of bread. When we first went out here Enzo said, “In Italy, the babies, they all get this. It is like a pacifier.” while holding the hard crust end of a loaf of Italian bread. I figured, “hey, when in Rome – or a couple hours south….” and she loves it! Now, every time Jack and I try to eat supper we give her a crust of bread to muckle down on and it gives us some quiet. That is, until it finally gets too soggy and starts to fall apart on her. It makes her mad, but we are usually about done eating by then anyway.
She is just so cute now! She laughs all the time. Bodily functions are the funniest thing ever. She will laugh at fart noises, burp noises, and she loves it when we sneeze at her. We can sit there and fake sneeze forever and she just cracks up (Ahh-Chooooo!! Ah-choo – on and on.) She also laughs when you tickle her, and she even gets “tickle vibes” just like me. We can tickle her, then just point our finger at her like we are going to tickle and she laughs.
Our friends Nelson and Sherry-Lee sent us flowers when Sammi was born, and it came with this little stuffed pig. At first I thought it was just a really ugly bear, but after a few weeks when I was more coherent again I realized it was a little pig. This was the first stuffed animal we gave her to play with because it is so tiny it is her size. Well, now she loves “piggy.” She likes it when he oinks and weee weee weee’s at her, then she grabs him and sucks on his ears. When she is tired she uses him as a little pillow. She also does this weird toy thing. I’ll put a pile of her toys on the blanket for her and walk away. When I come back, the toys are all neatly spaced in the four corners around her – or spread out in a row. How weird is that? It kind of freaks me out every time she does it.
Right now she is taking a nap, and I loves me the naptime. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “There never was a child so lovely but a mother wasn’t glad to get him to sleep.” So, anyway, that’s enough about her for now. I’ll let you know when she does figure out that crawling thing – and when she can go forward in the walker instead of backwards and in circles!
No comments:
Post a Comment