Thursday, August 10, 2006

Shopping

Today we went to a market. It was our first time using public transportation here. It wasn’t too bad because we had the resident expert, Loreli, with us to show us how and where to go. It also rained last night so it wasn’t 10 BILLION degrees out, either.

The train system is from WWII, so you can imagine how nice they are (not.) It really wasn’t bad, and we even had entertainment from a gypsy who gets on and off the cars, playing the accordion for change. Sammi liked dancing to the accordion music.

I bought a pair of shoes, 2 bags (for future shopping trips), a swimsuit, and some grapes all for under $30E – how awesome is that? It was my first purchase of many, many more shoes to come, I am sure. I had to get a swimsuit because on Saturday we are going on a mini-cruise of the Amalfi coast, and it is too hard to try to feed Sammi in a one-piece. (Here, let me just get naked in front of you…..) Luckily, Italian women have big boobies so there were more than 3 to choose from like back home.

Now, here is a picture as promised. This is lil’ G in her new walker – that’s right, a genuine, old-timey, banned in North America walker! We think these things are great, and that it is stupid that they don’t sell them with wheels anymore back home. She loves it! So far she can only go backwards, though. She needs to grow just a smidgen taller first. Our main floor is perfect for this thing – all marble tile, wide open, and no stairs. I think soon she will be following me around everywhere in this thing!


And here is a picture of some of the view I have on my daily walk down to the little markets to buy veggies, fruit, and bread.

No comments: