Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weeeee!

Well, Lil' G has figured out that she can run a few steps then pick up her feet and coast in the walker. Oh, what fun! When Jack and I are on the couch, she goes and "hides" behind the other chair, then peeks around at us. It is cute.

Today we were supposed to go out to Carney Park and hang out at the pool with some other moms, but it is rainy and windy so we didn't go. I still might go out this afternoon, but it looks like it might rain again. Sometimes I just don't know what to "do" with her all day. I mean, you have the feeding, changing, bathing, reading to, playing with, and nap time. But seriously, I can't read to her and play with her for 8 hours. What are you supposed to do with a baby all day?

She still loves the bathwater, and I mean for drinking. She'll grab onto the wash cloth and suck all the water out of it. Apparently, the hubs has a problem with that. He could give her a bath - and I don't let her do it if she pees in the water!

This morning she was drinking her water while I washed dishes (yea, no dishwasher) and I thought, "hey, why don't I give her a wash cloth with water on it to play with?" So, I dumped bottled water on one of her cloths and gave it to her. That was pure entertainment for her for about 30 minutes! Of course, now she is a sopping wet mess.

Some friends of mine from Germany are coming to town for the weekend. They used to live here so they are going to show me all the good places to go. It should be fun, and we are going to do the tourist thing so I'll see some of the sites around here. You can't spin a dead cat without hitting a Roman Ruin here (so I hear, Conan, not being dead isn't one for being spun.)

On a side note, I have lost 4 lbs so far since being here. It must be all the walking we do each day. Walking up these hills with a near 20 lb baby on me, and bags of produce, has to do something! We did go out for a run the other day. The only time to go is during the riposo - when everyone is at home doing whatever they do. (Riposo in English means "slacking off" -haha) There are NO cars out on the roads then so I can take the baby jogger out. We ran around the mountain for about 5 K and it was all right. But then, my neighbors are all appalled that I had the baby out at that time of day. It is too hot, she will get sick, I must run by myself later like 9 pm. Yea, so I can get run over by all the crazy drivers then. And of course they don't think we should be outside then - it is the REPOSO! What, am I crazy?!! Well, you know what they say, "only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun."

Well, I have to go. While writing this Lil' G has been free-range in the walker and getting into all kinds of stuff. I have had to take a plastic bag away from her (plastic bags are not toys) and now she is pushing her highchair around (it has wheels, too.)

No comments: