I had a nice Labour Day weekend with my friends, but I will write about that later. Now I have a couple other topics that need to be discussed.
One is we still have no English TV. I’m going to try to get some soon but in the meantime we have been watching lots of DVDs. Some nights we just don’t feel like watching a whole movie so what is one to do? Well, for some reason when I was in Iraq someone from the States sent the COMPLETE 2nd SEASON of BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER to me.
When Tiphanie and I lived in DC we would watch the X-Files every week, (That’s a bleepin dead alien!), but I would scorn her for watching Buffy. (How lame.) But all this time I couldn’t just throw these DVDs out – they were brand new, never opened. Well, it turns out that Italian TV is just the incentive for watching Buffy. Especially when you don’t want to watch a whole movie, what with the baby needing to be put to bed and all.
And dang it, I kind of like the Buffy. It is funny – but I still think Angel is hotter now as Booth. The last one we watched was the one where Zander has every female (girl, woman, crazy vampire chick, and even Buffy’s MOM) after him and then Buffy gets turned into a rat. Ha ha – and Giles says, “We have to find the Buffy rat.” Now that is humor, my friends.
I’m waiting until Jack gets back this weekend to watch anymore, though. The second season is only 8 DVDs ya know (that was back in the day when a season was a season.)
The next topic is M&Ms. When I got here they had the limited edition white chocolate M&Ms. So delicious. When I went back for more they were gone…gone forever!! Just like those yummy mint ones from a few years back. But you know what is NOT a good idea? A beige M&M. We bought a couple bags of the M&Ms in the “new, bold colors.” But they aren’t bold colors, they are muddy, dull, poor third-world country colors. Ya know how American colors are bright, clear and crisp - happy looking? Well, colors in other, poorer countries always look dull and muddy to me – and that is EXACTLY what these M&Ms look like. I can’t even eat them, they are too depressing. Maybe they are for all the immigrants, so M&Ms can be in the colors they are used to. Whatevah! I want my M&Ms to be the usual, normal colors!!
No comments:
Post a Comment