I can’t believe lil’ G is 6 months old now. Back in March it seemed like September was a million years away – that she would never be that old. Now she is low-crawling all over the place and can even crawl up stairs. Gotta get the stair gates now. I told Jack, “She can crawl up stairs now.” He said, “How many?” “I don’t know. I didn’t let her crawl up as many as she wanted.” “Then how do you know she can?” “Cuz I let her crawl up one just for fun!” (and to see if she really could.)
On Wednesday I got her her own little pink potty. It is cute. She likes it. I just sit her on each time she wakes up and she goes tinkle. Yay!!!! Sometimes she wears the same diaper from 7 pm to 1 pm or so the next day. How awesome is that? That will save me on washing diapers! She also goes each time she wakes up from a nap. Now I just have to figure out those poo's - I can never tell when she is going to poo.
It was a sad day on Thursday because I took the side-car crib off of our bed. She has been sleeping next to us since she was born. It made it easier for the night feedings, but those Arms Reach co-sleepers aren’t good once the kid can crawl and pull herself up. She would crawl onto our bed, and I was afraid she would crawl over the side and splat on the floor. So, now she sleeps in her own crib for about 10 hours straight. When she wakes up I bring her to our bed to feed her for a little bit. It is just weird to have her in her own room. She is growing up too fast!! Plus, sleeping on her own that long means that the OVULATION could start at any time. When she was in the side-care she could sleep and eat at the same time. Might as well have a little snack at night every now and then - but now she can't smell me and just sleeps and sleeps. It took a few days for my boobs to figure that out, too.
It makes it easy to pump, though. Now I get up first thing and pump a couple ounces to make the rice ceral gruel with - and there is still plenty for when Lil' G wakes up.
Vieta
Over Labor Day weekend friends of mine who live in Germany came to visit. Becky and Rich lived here in Naples for 5 years so they were a goldmine of information. We ate at some new restaurants Jack and I hadn’t been to yet and we went to Vieta and Sorrento one day. Vieta is a neat little place filled with pottery shops. We saw a bunch of stuff we want to buy when we go back. In Sorrento there is a great inlaid wood shop. I didn’t know I liked inlaid wood, but this stuff is so beautiful. We are going to get a really cool game table one of these days. The drive along the Amalfi coast is so pretty – but very nerve wracking for the drive, and wooze in inducing for the person (me) in the back seat.
The weekend went too fast, though, so I will have to have Becky come back and show me some more stuff!
HHH
Then I decided to look up the HHH here in Napoli and discovered there isn’t an active group, but last weekend we met with a bunch of old Hashers and some prospective new ones (at a pub, of course.) It is so weird that 3 beers is tooo much for me now. I have to stop at 1 or 2 - 3 is too many after 15 months with little or now drinking.
We are res-erecting the Bella Napoli HHH and the first run is next Saturday. Jack is going to be a Hare. He doesn’t really know what he is getting himself in for. It will be his first run. Hee hee.
Well, I gotta get to bed. More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment