Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New Haircut


I've been thinking about getting my hair cut lately. I thought about growing it out to a bob again, but that seemed boring. Then I met a lady here with a cool cut and SJ ( a blog I read) got her hair cut, so Idecided to go for it! I got my hair cut on Thursday and love it! It is always scary when you move and have to find a new hairplace, but I did what I usually do and looked for people with cute hair and asked where they had it done. It always works.

Of course, I have to find a place that doesn’t speak English, but I just wrote a note in Italian that said, “I want my hair cut cute and short like my friend Nathalie.” since no one understands my accent…. I figured they would know who she was, because how many Americans get their hair cut there? Well, she is French Canadian but the Italians think all the English speakers are American.

What I like about it is I can get out of bed and it looks ok – great for those busy mornings when the pumping, diaper changing, feeding, dishwashing (yep, no automatic dishwasher here), hanging clothes on the line, and running out to buy veggies and bread before riposa gets in the way of a timely shower.

No comments: