Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Play Group and Stuff!

Well, it has been a big week for Lil’ G. We have been to 2 playgroups. She loves the playgroup. It is funny. She gathers up all the toys she can get her hands on. She tries to take the balls away from other kids. I guess I should get her some balls to play with. The other day she got ran over by a baby stroller, poked in the eye, and kicked in the head. Yet she still had fun.

She is sitting up now, so that means she is getting some grub. So far I’ve given her applesauce and sweet potatoes. She isn’t too big a fan of applesauce but she seems to like the sweet potatoes. She is also running around the whole house in her walker now. Before she kind of kept to one little area – now she is all over and into everything. I really gotta order the “child-proofing” stuff soon! And poor little Conan is completely terrorized now that she is mobile.

I have also sort of started the potty training. For the past week when she gets up in the morning I put her in the bidet, make the potty sign, and say, “Go potty? Tinkle?” and she goes. Yesterday, when she did it I saw a look of comprehension come over her face – like she understood she was doing it when she went tinkle. So, today instead of it taking a couple minutes to get her to go she has been going right away when I put her in and make the sign. I started putting her in after she wakes up from her naps, too, and it is working.

Tomorrow I have to go to a welcome luncheon with the Canadian ladies, and afterwards Beth and I are going to Auchans. Auchans is like the giant, super Wal*Mart of Italy. They have these little potties for little bitty kids and I am going to get Sammi one. They only cost about $3 and then she will have her own place to go, even though it is pretty handy to just put her in the bidet. I figure her own “special” potty will make it even better. Plus, it is small enough I can take it with us when we go on trips.

There is lots going on now. It seems like we are keeping really busy and I have so much I want to write about, but I am always chasing after Lil’ G to keep her from breaking something or hurting herself. One of these days I’ll try to get caught up on all this stuff!

No comments: