Thursday, August 24, 2006

Stuff Sammi Has Tasted

Well, it is getting closer to the time when Sammi will be able to eat actual food. In preparation for this we have been giving her little tastes of stuff. (Just a fingertip dipped in – not actual bites.) So far, she seems to like everything – and when we eat she is looking at our food like, “Hey, I want some of that!” A sure sign she is getting ready to eat.
We started giving her a bottle with water a couple weeks ago. She was always trying to drink the bath water and it is like 10 BILLION DEGREES here. I figured she was hot and thirsty. She just looked thirsty to me. And she LOVES the water. DO NOT try to take the water away when she has it. She is only drinking about 25 ml a day – but she likes it and I think it makes her feel better.
Anyway, here is the weird stuff she has tried already:
A Strawberry
Pomegranate Frappucinno foam
Melon juice (please dip my chewy toy back in the melon juice)
Trader Joe’s Masala Simmer Sauce (mmmmm)
Pizza crust with the yummy sauce (she sucked all the sauce off until it was a gooey mess)
Cookie batter (before the eggs were added, so basically butter, sugar, and vanilla)
Enchilada Sauce
Gelato
Tomato sauce from sardine can
And, thanks to Klute, she also had a taste of beer once.

I don’t really think I am looking forward to this whole eating thing. I mean, once you start you have to feed them forever! Plus, I will have to switch to the nighttime bath. Now, I give her a bath in the morning, but once the eating starts she’ll just be a food covered mess by evening.


It also means I could get pregnant again! Yea, I plan on still breast feeding A LOT, but the internet abounds with stories of women who breast fed and have children 15 months apart. I'm not done losing weight yet!! I can't get pregnant yet!

No comments: