Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Quote

"When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first."

Sage advice that I received by email today from a SAHD (that would be stay at home dad.) I basically wasted my time today running around from store to store looking for some stuff that I know I could buy at a Wholefoods or a Trader Joe’s. The nearest Wholefoods is in Oakville or Toronto – only a 5-hour drive away. This is the CAPITAL of Canada- why can’t they have modern stores????? There are a couple more stores I can try down in the Glebe, but if they don’t have what I am looking for then I’m just giving up.

As you all probably know Canada voted in a new party in their election on Monday. The Conservatives won a minority government. I think that is good because they needed to teach the Liberals a lesson, and a majority Conservative govt. might be too right wing. They showed a clip of Harper dropping his kids off at school here in Ottawa. He shook their hands goodbye! Geez, they are little kids. If they were mine I would have hugged them goodbye, or at least just kissed them on the tops of their heads. But shake their hands goodbye? I don’t think so. No wonder he wants to repeal the same-sex-marriage law in Canada! If he can’t even show a little PDA with his own kids the thought two gay or lesbian people being married to each other probably gives him heart palpitations!

Oh well, he takes over on February 6th so we will see how it goes. At least they should get along with the US govt. better. That last guy was so anti-American that no matter what we said he would say the opposite just for the principal of it. For example, if the American’s came out and said that people should drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet the old PM probably would have responded by denying that lots of water and a healthy diet had any benefits. Everyone knows you can be perfectly healthy on a diet of beer and Kraft dinner.

Have a great weekend. Now, I’m off to take that nap. : )

No comments: