I feel like I have had a completely trouble-free pregnancy so far, and I’m damn near 38 so it’s not like I’m at the peak of physical perfection anymore. I just got back from another prenatal appointment and everything is fine. The doctor said that her feet are up by my ribcage. I knew it! I’ve been telling Jack that she is kicking my ribs and lodging her feet under one of them. That is comfy, let me tell you! At least it is a foot and not my imagination.
I know, I don’t want to jinx it by talking about it – especially now when I only have somewhere around 52 days left (if the Magic 8 Ball is right, and it always is. The doctor wouldn’t adjust her dates based on that today, though. ) But for now, I am enjoying it. If I had known that it would be like this I probably would have done this a long time ago (granted, I haven’t got to the delivery part yet.)
There are several reasons why I enjoy being pregnant, and they mostly outweigh the reasons why I don’t. One is that I seem to be only gaining weight on my belly and boobs. I can handle that – I just hope I can get rid of it, too. I was afraid of lots of back pain, so since the beginning I have been seeing a chiropractor every two weeks to keep my bones all aligned. So far, the only back pain I have is after I spend the day cleaning house (and that doesn’t happen too often.) My chiropractor is great! I lucked out when I got her and I really believe the treatment is one reason why I’ve felt so good throughout my pregnancy.
Another is that I have lost my sasquatch-like ability to grow body hair. Yes, I am a great fan of laser hair removal. After noticing that there is a laser hair removal place on every corner, even in Canada, I bought some stock in a company that makes the laser that can be used on darker skin/lighter hair. It is making me money $$$$ so I can’t be the only sasquatch out there – but it is nice to have some relief from it during this pregnancy. And I had always heard that pregnancy causes body hair growth. Go figure. I think it is because I am having a girl so I finally have enough “girl” hormones in me.
My knees don’t hurt anymore. I figure this is a result of the joints and ligaments becoming relaxed in pregnant women. Normally, when I go up stairs my knees make sckrinching noises. Sckriiinnnncchhhh, sckriiinnnnccchhh – it sounds gross and doesn’t feel that great, either. Now, there is no pain and much less sckrinching.
No more holding in my stomach – in fact for the first time in my life I am emailing people pictures of my stomach. I’m pregnant so there’s a reason for it to be big and round! (Plus, as my cousin points out I am “maintaining bellybutton integrity” so that is good.)
Another reason is that I feel like a normal person now. I don’t feel “crazy” now. I don’t feel the need to run away and “do something, anything, just get me out of here.” Another benefit of the extra hormones, I think. Of course, it is causing me some concern about what will happen to my state of mind after I have the baby and all the hormones get sweated out and go back to my “normal” level. I don’t want that to happen! I’ve often suspected I have a hormone issue. Once I even made a doctor check on my hormone levels but he said they were fine. This was an Army doctor, though, so I am a bit suspicious of his findings. Especially now, when pregnancy is supposed to be a hormonal and emotional rollercoaster but has instead made me feel “balanced” for the first time ever. Often I find myself thinking, “so this is what normal people feel like everyday? This is cool!”
No comments:
Post a Comment