If my mother-in-law says one more thing about my “nice, big, child-bearing hips”…..
Monday is Election Day in Canada – so we are leaving Ottawa. Yep, heading down to Ft. Drum/Watertown for Monday and Tuesday so there will be no new posts until Wednesday or so.
I keep getting phone calls from the candidates. I have to tell them I’m an American and can’t vote in their election. They always say, “Well, keep us in mind when you are a citizen.” I already am a citizen – of the USA! No dual citizenship for me! Anyway, it actually looks like the Canadians are going to smarten up and get rid of the incumbent. They have had a Liberal govt. for 12 years. It is time for a change. At least we will be able to watch real TV Monday night instead of “election coverage” all day. I will be sure to update you on who won or lost when I get back!! (I know – you are holding your breath in anticipation.)
After it stopped snowing (8 inches) we spent Saturday going around and looking at baby stuff and pricing it. Eeee-jole!! That stuff is expensive up here! Like, I want a “my breast friend” nursing pillow. Available from Amazon/Babies R Us for $35. You know what it costs up here??? Do ya???? $99.99 – on sale for $79.99!! And my mom wonders why I buy stuff online and have it shipped to her to mail to me! Holy camolie!! I got a Medela Mini-Electric Breast pump on Ebay for $10. It was on sale up here for $140. Even with the postage up here I still got a deal.
So, when we are at Ft. Drum (after we go to the Class VI store) we will be looking for baby stuff. Then, after we see whatever we get for gifts we will know if it will be worth a drive down to NY to buy stuff as opposed to buying it up here at the exorbitant Canadian prices. (Go ahead, check the exchange rate – it is almost on par now, too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment