Monday, December 12, 2005

A Nice, Sunny, Cold Day!

I just got back in from a walk. It is a nice, sunny, cold day (-13C with a –21C wind chill or, for Americans 8F with a –6F wind chill.) Over the weekend I was reading The Nursing Mother’s Companion and read that if I get enough vitamin D then my baby will be born with a two-month supply of it. I’m thinking I’m pregnant in the Great White North in the middle of winter. I’m not getting a whole lotta sun to stock up on the vitamin D. So, today I decided to take advantage of the sun and walk to the movie store to return the weekend movie rentals.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. It was an interesting walk because it is cold, I had to take extra care walking on the ice, and I forgot to wear my bellyband so I got a stitch in the side of my belly. Plus, my sunglasses are in the pickup and the DP drove it into work today so I was all squinty-eyed. I dropped off the movies and then had to take a little break at the coffee shop for a tea to warm up and rest my belly. Then I headed home, and of course the return trip turned out to be against the wind. It just reminded me of even why, back in the day when I was running 80-100 miles a week before I ruined my knees, I hate running in the winter. Several joggers passed me by and it did not look like fun.

I eventually made it home with no mishaps and had to laugh that it took me 54 minutes, including the tea stop. 54 minutes to do something I could do in about 16 or 18 minutes before pregnancy! Gotta love it!

No comments: