I get jealous of the DP sleeping on his back each night, snoring away…. Apparently pregnant chicks past the 1st trimester should not sleep on their backs anymore. I even asked my doctor about it. The entire weight of the baby is laying on two major blood vessels then, the aorta and the inferior vena cava. I don’t really know what that means – but I did wake up on my back one night and my arms were tingling like they were falling asleep, so maybe my blood supply was being cut off somewhere. Why else would my arms fall asleep if I’m on my back? Well, that is how I normally sleep – on my back, 1 pillow under my head, hands neatly clasped beneath my chest. Ahhhh, comfort. The books say, “after a few nights your body will soon adjust to the new sleep position.” That is a load of crapola!! At least I have entertainment when I’m lying there awake. Now I can feel the baby moving and she is bouncing around in there like my uterus is her own private trampoline.
Now I have also succumbed to the need for a nest of pillows that often overtakes pregnant people. We have 7 pillows on our bed now, and one is the big long one so that counts as 2. So really, we have 8 pillows on the bed and I am contemplating adding another one. To be honest, only 4 (5) of those pillows are mine. DP always sleeps with 3 pillows, but he also sleeps with clothes on so I consider it just another sleep issue with him.
So, there I am each night lying on my side, legs and feet entwined in pillows – awake. Then I get bored being on one side and turn over. This is not the split second action it is when non-pregnant. First I have to disengage from the pillows, and then heft over onto my back where I stay for a few, brief, precious moments. Then I thrust the other hip up to throw my belly and boobs onto the other side. Of course, all this movement makes me have to tinkle so then I have to get out of bed (also more time consuming than when non-pregnant), go to the bathroom, then come back and get all situated in my pillow nest again.
Well, 20 weeks down, 20 to go (that also equals 5 months down, 5 months to go.) Then I can sleep on my back again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment