Thursday, October 20, 2005

Righty-tighty....

You know what is fun? Building things with the DP. We just finished putting yet another IKEA Gorm shelf together. Those things have to be the biggest pieces of crap ever and I am the proud owner of a whole basement, garage and tool shed full of them. If I was back in Kansas I would just go to a lumberyard and buy the wood, but I don’t even know where a lumberyard is up here. Maybe if they had some more lumberyards they could sell their soft wood up here instead of antagonizing the US about it. (Actually, I’m on the Canadian’s side on that…..)

At least we have real tools to put these things together. I can imagine being a college student putting them together with an allen-wrench. What a nightmare! So, anyway, we put this last one together and then DP shuts the ratchet set, but one side isn’t closed – so we have ratchet pieces all over the place. At one point we couldn’t get the screws to go in so finally I asked, “are you trying to take them out?” Yes, we had the drill going the wrong way. I don’t think he thought it was very funny when I said, “righty tighty, lefty loosey.”

Yesterday I opened my big new box of fat bastard clothes. I got all my maternity stuff on Ebay because have you priced maternity clothes? Insane – so I let some other sucker pay full price for this stuff. Well, I put on one of my new outfits and it is still a little big, but wearable. Then DP gets home from work and says in an excited voice, “Oh, are those your new clothes?” Yes. Then, he replies, “You look like a big brown shopping bag.” Great, now I’ll think that every time I wear the beige outfit! Later that night I asked if he wanted to see my 89-year-old man pants. Seriously, what is up with these clothes? The waistband comes up to under my new boobs. Not attractive – one reason why you have to wear all the hatching jackets on the outside.

No comments: