Thursday, October 06, 2005

Attack of the Killer Flashlight!

This is one of those stories about someone getting hurt that is funny (if you’re not the one getting hurt!)

We recently bought a new shed for the backyard and it was finally just installed. Well, the DP (that stands for “dear” partner in case you are wondering – or “dumbass” if I’m mad at him, or in this case “dorky.”) decides that we have to paint the floor before we can put anything in it. He did the first coat on Tuesday, and HAD to finish it up last night. He has visitors in from out of town at work, so he went out drinking with them for 3 ½ hours yesterday before I picked him up. We walk in the door and I say, “I don’t think you should paint tonight.” But, there is a cold front headed this way so he had to ‘git er done.’

He requested a flashlight so I gave him one and he headed out to the shed. Soon, I hear banging, crashing, and door slamming in the basement. I wisely decided to stay out of it. Later, when he came in I asked what happened and this is the funny part!

He was painting and the flashlight hit the edge of a shelf we put up in there. It came back and hit him, broke his new glasses and nearly broke his nose. In pain, he yells and leans forward to grab his head and bashes his head into the shelf!! Meanwhile, the flashlight drops into the pan of paint, splashes paint all over DP ruining his shirt. Then the light bounces out of the paint and smashes into little pieces all over the floor!! That is so hilarious. I woke us up in the middle of the night, laughing so hard the bed was shaking and tears were coming out of my eyes. I can just see this happening, and it kept popping into my head all night!

To finish the job a new, more cooperative flashlight was used and is now resting peacefully on a shelf – the evil one is in the trash, so DP figures he won.

No comments: