The trip to DC was fun but it went really quickly. I got my fill of Taco Bell meximelts and I discovered that Starbucks carries the Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Normally, that wouldn’t be that big of deal, but it is holiday season so that means they have their pumpkin flavored cheesecake. OMG!! It is soooo delicious. Practically everyday I had a tea and pumpkin cheesecake there.
While there I introduced the other Canadians to Trader Joe’s. We all wish there was a Trader Joe’s up here. I stocked up on the Masala Simmer Sauce. That stuff is awesome. I really do wish there was a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's here. There is so much stuff I can't find here. The natural food stores are like what we had down in the States in the 60s (or what I imagine we had back then) - but hey, at least the electricity stays on all day!
Basically, I spent the week shopping for things I can’t get up here. One of those things happened to be a sports-bra big enough for my new porn-boobs. The sports store up here only carries clothes for gumdrops, and since I am not a size 6 20 year old anymore that means I am out of luck. The biggest sports-bras they carry max out at my normal size. I have plenty of sports-bras and as you know they are stretchy – but there is no way to fit a 36B bra onto 38DD boobs. Believe me, I tried and probably ruined one of my bras.
For those of you who think I am bragging please be assured that I am not. It is definitely a complaint. At least it has answered the age-old question of “should I get a boob job?” The answer is NO!! When I was in Target I was wearing this shirt that ties on the side. Normally I can look down my side and make sure it is still tied. Well, not anymore. That day I looked down and all I saw was boob. So I grabbed it to move it out of the way so I could see. Then I realized that I can’t just go around grabbing my boobs and moving them around all the time! What would people think?
Apparently Americans just have bigger boobs because there was even a SELECTION of larger sized sports-bras. I was so excited because I thought I was going to have to start using duct tape or something so I could continue to work out.
The drive down and back was pretty, especially through Ontario, New York and Pennsylvania. The leaves are changing and there were some gorgeous colors out there! It was rainy and dreary all week, but the leaves looked nice through the mist and fog. It was nice to get back home, though.
Since I spent the whole week mostly just eating and shopping I figured I gained my whole month’s allotment already, but I’m still doing ok. I eat dessert a lot more now, but before I would always choose a drink instead of dessert. Now that a bottle, er, I mean, glass of Shiraz isn’t an option I go for the dessert every time. There is no Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake up here so that is one thing. Also, on Sunday after we got back we went to the Fitness Depot and I bought an elliptical machine. It was delivered on Monday and it is awesome!! I figured I wasn’t even going to pretend like I was going to go out “running” in the ice and snow this winter. The sidewalks are perilous to me as it is – it will be funny watching me trying to navigate them this winter just walking, let alone getting out on them for a run. Plus, I figure the elliptical machine will come in handy after the baby, too. I can hop on while she plays and we’re both happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment