Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Snowing for real now!

Well, today it is snowing. Of course, no one predicted it. The forecast was for “ice pellets.” The high today is going to be 1 (34F). It will be interesting to see how much snow we actually get.

Of course, we didn’t get around to buying winter rims and snow tires for the pickup this weekend. It was on the list of things to do, but it was so nice – who knew it would snow on Tuesday? I’m not going anywhere with these North Carolina tires, either. I did that last February and it was an adventure I’d rather not repeat.

So, what am I doing today? We are finally putting up new baseboards in the frontroom and den. For many years we just had the particleboard down – that was pretty, especially since we had a dead body outline drawn on the floor with marker (for the next people who change the flooring.) Eventually, DP got the new laminate flooring down but we never got around to putting up the baseboard.

As you may have guessed, we are not the handiest people around. Last weekend we had a friend come over to help us put up the stair railings. We took those down back in ‘01 when we were painting the house and they never got put back up. I’m at a point where I WANTED them back up – I can’t go down steps if I can’t see my feet, plus the Mum-in-law is probably coming for Christmas and she would need them, too. While we were putting them up I said we ought to make our own home improvement show on cable. It would be really funny and make everyone else feel better about their home improvement projects.

Anyway, on Friday at the Legion we ran into this guy who does odd jobs like that and it turns out that he is free this week. He came over this morning, did the measuring, then we went to Home Depot and bought the baseboard. He brought his miter saw and right now he is down in the front room putting it up! It is so much better to have someone else do it.

So now, after 4 ½ years we are almost done with the home projects. The only thing left is to buy closet doors for the hallway closet and nursery closet, and painting the doors. Yep, we took all the doors down back in ‘01, too – to paint them. We have a poncho liner tacked up over the bedroom doorway for our bedroom door. I am seriously thinking about having this guy do that too, while he is at it.

Then, once we get it all done you know what that means don’t you? We’ll probably end up moving or something. Yep, the DP will get posted and we’ll have renters in here messing it all up again for us.

No comments: