A Thanksgiving Singing Turkey for You!Happy Thanksgiving! I’m not having a real Thanksgiving this year. It isn’t a holiday up here, it’s on a Thursday, and DP is leaving at 0700 on Friday to go to Vancouver for the Grey Cup for 4 days. At first I was going to cook the whole meal and invite people over, but it didn’t turn out. I am making a pecan pie. I figure at least I can have pie and cool whip with my Chinese food leftovers! I am still thankful, though.
At the moment I am really thankful we got the winter tires on the truck. An Alberta clipper is coming through and it is snowing. I had to give the tires a test spin on the roads this morning because I had to go to the store. I could have done without the pie, but the baby was demanding an apple and I was out of fruit. Rather than have her explode inside me from displeasure I went out in the storm for some groceries. Plus, I was out of Silk (the Soy milk I drink) and oatmeal. I have enough trouble getting all my dairy servings in each day without being out of Silk.
I am so happy and thankful to be bored, to be doing little home improvement projects, getting the nursery ready, playing with my cat, being able to go out shopping on my own, being able to spend more than the time I am in the toilet alone, baking cookies (even though I can’t find Nestle chips up here), having a healthy pregnancy so far, being able to order a pizza without corn and pickles on it, central air, and electricity that stays on for 24 hours a day for the most part, going into any toilet and knowing it will be a normal toilet instead of a squatter, not having to walk on giant chucks of gravel everywhere I go, not having to use a port-a-potty every day, not being mortared at random hours of the day and night, and finally feeling normal after the PTSD has dissipated. The list goes on.
I am thankful for my family and friends, and I am thankful for DP – who has put up with more of my BS than any mortal man should ever have been forced to put up with. He must be as crazy as I am.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment