This morning I actually got up at a normal hour and went to a La Leche League meeting at 0930. I got to meet a lot of women and it was pretty cool. I went because I really want to breastfeed because a) it is healthiest for the baby and me b) it is FREE! and c) God says to do it. Plus, I don’t know anyone here so I figured it would be a good way to meet some other women with young children.
There were about 15 of us there – along with all the kids. At the end all the older kids were standing over by the door. I went over to look and it was snowing! Yay! The first snow of the season here. Big, giant flakes of flurries. The perfect snow – just flurries, no accumulation. Finally around noon I left and went to the bookstore.
I was in Chapters (the Barnes and Noble of Canada), browsing with my hot chocolate, and suddenly my mouth filled with water and I got that weird feeling. You know the one, right before you know you are going to barf all over. I was thinking, “No way. I’m 5 months pregnant (22 weeks) – I can’t be getting morning sick now!” Well, I thought wrong. I had to race to the washroom, and wait for it to open up, praying I wouldn’t puke in the hallway by the Starbucks. I ran in and proceeded to puke for real. It was so weird because I feel fine.
I’m thinking maybe on a subconscious level I got freaked out by the LLL meeting. I mean, I just spent 2 ½ hours with 14 other women, all with small children. I saw a frontroom taken over by toys. I saw boobies actually being used to breastfeed. Maybe I subconsciously realized that I am a mere 4 months away from this becoming my reality and I had a panic puke.
Either that, or I have the super-mutant flu ahead of schedule!!
No comments:
Post a Comment