Well, really it is mostly all neutral news. Not like Yay! good news or OMG! bad news. Today at the doctor’s we found out that:
Good: The baby is still head down
Neutral: The baby is still high. She hasn’t dropped yet so delivery is not imminent.
Bad: I am Group B Strep positive. All that means is that now I have to get an IV and a bunch of antibiotics when I am in labor. And if my water breaks before I go into labor they will have to induce me. Ewww – I hate IVs so bad. No one can ever hit my veins and I will not be in the mood to be a pincushion. I am going to warn them right away and ask for the anaesthesiologist to poke me first, because apparently they are the best at doing it.
Oh, they also think the baby is going to be big. I guess cookies grow big babies.
The funny news is that my birth mother and her husband are coming to visit in May. They bought tickets yesterday and sent me the itinerary. (This is the funny part – not their visit.) It all looked good until I noticed that they were flying to Ontario, CALIFORNIA instead of Ottawa, ONTARIO. I told Jack and he said, “That is such an American thing to do.” Hey, we can’t help it if the initials for California AND Canada are CA!! Hopefully they will be able to get that straightened out without too many problems!
I also had the cleaning service come in today for the first time. I am so picky. I will wait until tomorrow to tell about that because I am still not happy. We will see if the manager emails me back.
Thank goodness Jack gets back into town tonight. I go to the airport to pick him up around 2300! Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment