
I thought that she had bought it on purpose, since she is jealous of my hippoclown gravy boat. (See Jan. 11 blog post for picture.) Last night we decided this pink hippo will be the baby’s first hippo. Then, when she turns 21 she will inherit the hippoclown gravy boat. We can tell stories when she is growing up that start with, “One day, this hippoclown will be all yours. It is your birthright.” I am sure she will appreciate it and love it as much as we do.
Speaking of babies….on Tuesday I had an appointment and now the little brat has turned breech (well, transverse with her head higher than lower anyway.) So, since then I have been doing all kinds of stupid human tricks to get her to turn head down the way she is supposed to be. I know several people who have given birth to breech babies – but they are older (like my Aunt.) Nowadays they don’t even let you try. If it is breech it is an automatic C-section. I would really like to get her to turn the right way!! Tomorrow I have an appointment with a special chiropractor who does the Webster Technique. Hopefully that will help, too.
I also hope that she does NOT come early! Jack has to go away from the 13th to the 23rd (I think he just wants to get out of the last 2 childbirth classes.) When he gets back there will only be 2 weeks left until her due date. I am a little freaked out because of what happened last time he went away when I was pregnant. He was only 2 ½ hours away that time – this time he will be over 5 hours away. And they want him to take a bus! He is telling them he has to drive in case he has to leave early. Thank goodness I have a doula in case I do go into labor early – at least I won’t be alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment