Well thank goodness the baby is now head down the way she is supposed to be. I think it happened on Friday after I saw the chiro for one last Webster Technique. I felt awful all day after that – something was definitely going on inside there. Of course, that was the night we had people over for dinner, too. Figures.
When I woke up on Saturday I felt great, though. I made Jack look at my stomach to see if there was a difference and we both felt what we hoped was a head down low where before there had been nothing. Even Jack felt it, so we figured it was her head. The ultrasound on Monday evening proved it.
She really hates those things. Once again she had her arms over her head so we couldn’t see her face. She did that for every single ultrasound (all 3 of them.) Plus, she was in some uncooperative position so it was hard for the lady to get the measurements. She said the baby weighs 7 lbs but to take it with a grain of salt since the measurements might not be right on. I hope she doesn’t gain a lot these next 24 days or so!
It turns out the baby is due right during March break and that means my doctor is gone on the weekends and working reduced hours during the week. I met the other doctor she works with today – but if I go into labor on a weekend it is still just a guess as to who it will be that catches the baby. Even more reason to stay home as long as possible! We did the Group B Strep swab today. Hopefully that comes back negative so I don’t have to get an IV and be pumped full of antibiotics while in labor.
Now it is snowing – and when it is done snowing it is supposed to turn to freezing rain. It is because it is Tuesday. I have the childbirth class from 1930-2130 and so far every Tuesday the weather has been crap! It is uncanny
No comments:
Post a Comment